Other Ways to Give
There are many ways to support the Meals on Wheels Foundation of Northern Illinois. We welcome donations from individuals, foundations, organizations and businesses. The Meals On Wheels Foundation is a not-for-profit 501 (c)(3) corporation. All donations are tax-deductible in accordance with IRS regulations.
Last year, the Meals on Wheels Foundation provided funding for weekend meals, meals for emergencies, and meals delivered to older adults who do not have transportation to a Community Cafe dining site. None of these meals would have been possible without the support of our generous donors.
- (check, money order, credit card or online): Cash is the easiest and most common way to make your charitable gift.
- (stocks, bonds, units of a mutual fund trust, or interest in a related segregated fund trust): Donations of securities receive the greatest tax benefit. For full details of how a gift of securities would benefit your tax situation, ask your financial advisor.
- A gift of life insurance can have either an immediate or deferred tax benefit. To receive an immediate tax benefit you must transfer ownership of the policy to Meals on Wheels Foundation. A deferred gift of life insurance simply involves naming Meals on Wheels Foundation as the beneficiary or co-beneficiary and upon payment of the policy we issue an acknowledgment to your estate.
- One of the biggest misconceptions about leaving a bequest to a charity is that it is complex and only for the wealthy or those who have no children. That cannot be further from the truth. A bequest is one of the simplest ways to make a gift to a charity, usually for a significantly larger amount than you ever imagined. A bequest may take the form of a specified cash amount, a list of securities or property, or a percentage of your estate.
In Memoriam or In Honor Giving
- In Memoriam or In Honor Giving provides you, the donor, with the opportunity to remember special individuals with a tribute gift. Gifts may be made In Memory of an individual to commemorate a loved ones life, or In Honor of an individual who is special in your life. Gifts may also be made in honor of special occasions, such as birthdays, graduation, and anniversaries. At your request, Meals on Wheels Foundation will send a hand-written card to the individual whom you designate to notify them of your gift. The amount will not be disclosed.
Workplace Campaigns & Matching Gifts
- Many companies have a Corporate Matching Gift Program and will match your monetary and/or volunteer contribution with a corporate gift. Check with your employer to find out if they offer this great way to increase the value of your giving.